Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Diary A: Public Domain Krishna

I read the Coomaraswamy. Songs of the Love of Radha and Krishna from the public domain of Krishna. These tellings were in a poetic format. Although I am not a huge fan of poetry, I really enjoyed reading the songs of the love of Radha and Krishna. My favorite thing about it was how detailed it was. It was filled with colorful imagery. The colorful imagery really set the romantic tone in the songs. A specific song that I really like was actually the first one: KRISHNA PURBBARAGA: The First Passion of Krishna. In this song Krishna describes his admiration for Radha. The length of his song really reflects his strong love for Radha. The imagery and details emphasizes his love for Radha as well. I was a little worried that I would not understand what I was reading just because it is in a poetic format but I felt I felt like I really understood it.

Another song that I enjoyed was RADHA PURBBARAGA: The First Passion of Radha. I like how they included Radha's point of view. It allows the readers to see that the love between Krishna and Radha is mutual. Although Radha's song is not as long as Krishna's, I felt like she loves Krishna just as much as he loves her. I believe so because in her song there is a lot of imagery and detail as well and I believe that they are reflections of her admiration for Krishna. Krishna is just a little more expresive than Radha.


(Krishna and Radha)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the poems, Sarah! The story of Radha and Krishna is something really beautiful and mysterious too; there's a good article at Wikipedia about Radha: Wikipedia:Radha

    ReplyDelete