Saturday, November 7, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 11

My readings this week went well except for the fact that I got during the week and could not finish it. Because of this I only did the half-reading option. Despite it, I still found a couple of stories that I really liked. One of them was “The Gifts of the Sun.” This story was about a husband and wife that receives a gift from the sun. One day while the husband was shooting arrows and his wife was helping retrieve them the sun was really shining on them. It was so hot the wife complained that she could no longer get the arrows for her husband. This encouraged the husband to pray to the sun. In response the sun gave the wife and husband a pair of slippers and parasol. The parasol gave the wife shade and the slippers helped her feet stay cool from the hot ground. And this is the story of the origin of the parasol and shoes. I just really liked this story because of how simple it was. It was just a cute story about how the parasol and slippers came to be. 

I have read many creative storybook and portfolios. I am really impressed at the investment some of my classmates put into their storybook and portfolios. They went above and beyond of what was asked of them. Some of my favorite storybooks or portfolios were Rama and Sita: Not So Happily Ever After, CSI: Indian Epics, and Epic Women Tell All. I like how they intertwined modern themes into their storybook and portfolios.
(Feeling under the weather)

My other classes are going well except that I am a little behind. I got sick earlier this week. I had to miss a couple of days of school. So I am spending this weekend on catching up on stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment