Thursday, November 12, 2015

Krishna the Go To God

Krishna the Go To God

 Today we are going to tell you about the God Krishna – shocker. Everybody knows Krishna as the powerful and supreme God. Nothing is impossible for him. This being said, a lot of people like to ask for favors from Krishna or ask him to grant their prayers. This can kind of get a little tedious or even annoying. I mean think about thousands of people bothering you 24/7 about their complaints, sufferings, and wishes. I mean I would get pretty annoyed.

Well, according to a confidential source, who is pretty close to Krishna, there are many stories of Krishna that are not publicly known. This is due to the fact that Krishna does not want anyone to know about all of his success because if they did then they will keep pestering him about their problems. If he seems less powerful or willing to grant people’s wishes, then maybe people will leave him alone. Well, guess what, no one is going to be leaving you alone Krishna because all of your stories have been leaked, – leaked to us. And like no offense but some of the stories are kind of embarrassing. Let’s start with the first story that our confidential source gave us.

The story starts off with introducing a man who used to be Krishna’s teacher. First of all, when did Gods have teachers? I guess, you have to start somewhere. Okay, back to the story. So apparently the teacher lost his son to some ocean monster or something and was begging for Krishna to help him. And Krishna being the powerful and noble God he is agreed to help.

So Krishna went out on his rescue mission and into the ocean asking around for his teacher’s son. First he asked the waves and they referred him to the dragon Shankhasur. Yeah, I know. Who knew waves could talk? But if they did Krishna would be the one talking to them.
(Krishna in the Ocean)

Krishna finally found the dragon Shankhasur and with his sword cut off his head and ripped up his belly. There was no kid in it. He then went to the city of the Angel of Death because I guess since the kid was not in the dragon’s stomach he must be dead so he is in the land of the dead...? There are just some things about Krishna that cannot be explained. There he finally found the kid. Third time's a charm.

He took the child back to the land of the living men, where the teacher reunited with his son. And, you guessed, it they lived happily ever after. Spread this to the masses, Krishna is a genie. He will and is able to grant your wishes. Oh Krishna, you cannot hide stuff like this from everyone. Be proud that people idolize and need you. You are a God that just wants to give people want they want. I guess, you can say we are kind of god-like; we too just want to give people want they want -- gossip and insider knowledge. I am just kidding.

Stay tuned for our next story on Krishna!
 



Author's Note
My story is based on the story of "How Krishna Went Under the Ocean." I kept the main ideas of the story but left some minor details out that did not really significantly affect the story. In the original story, Krishna's brother goes with him to find the teacher's son. I chose to leave Krishna's brother out because I wanted the story to just focus one character, Krishna. My portfolio is mainly about Krishna so I did not want to detract from that. I also kind of left the beginning part of the original story out about Krishna and his brother exploring and learning about stuff. I felt like it was kind of not necessary. I also left out the very end where the people are worshiping and praising Krishna for saving the teacher's son. I did this because I introduced the story as a story about Krishna that is not known to the public. Therefore if I did keep the ending, it would contradict what I said in the very beginning about how it was a story that has been kept secret. I kept my gossip tone throughout my story. That is pretty much all that I changed. I kept my gossip tone throughout the story to maintain the insider and gossip style of my portfolio.



"How Krishna Went Under the Ocean" from Tales of Ancient India: Krishna and the Gods" by Edward Cox (1887). Web Source: Public Domain.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I really enjoyed the style of your story. I think it's a really neat concept to tell your stories like a gossip magazine, and you did a really good job of maintaining that tone throughout your story. You did a really good job of telling the story but also making it sound sarcastic and humorous. I also have to say you found a really good image to go along with your story, and it does add a lot to the imagery. One thing you could try is having an interview with your "source" or something that would allow you to use quotes. Adding some dialogue would not only help with the gossip column tone, but also help make the scenes and characters more lively. Other than that, you did a really good job. I didn't see any spelling or grammar errors either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! I liked your story and the setting of your story in a more gossipy setting. I like that you added in some added comments to give the story more of a framework. However I think it would help a lot to space out the comments from the actual content, because at first they confused me a little, however it seems to work fairly well as a storytelling style. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun story telling method! This almost felt like reading an edition of People or US Weekly -- some of my guilty pleasures! I also really liked your introduction of Krishna. As a person of faith, that's something I've thought about a lot. How isn't God tired of hearing about everybody's problems already? haha!

    Like Briana said, I think that spacing the "gossip" from the intro could make your details more powerful or eye catching. However, I think that it is awesome as is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! I enjoyed reading your story for your Portfolio. I liked how you decided to keep Krishna's brother out of the story in order for the Portfolio to just focus on one character, that being Krishna. I also enjoyed hearing the gossip tone throughout your story- that definitely gave it an interesting touch! The story was written in a way to where it was humorous with a touch of sarcasm as well!

    If I can suggest any improvements, it would be to add some detail about the setting in order to provide an image of where Krishna is and what he is doing. Also, including some dialogue can always help improve the story line! Other than that, I did not notice anything else missing! The image you chose was a great depiction of what the story was describing! The story was very clearly written without any major grammar errors. Good job, keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete