Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Reading Diary: Sita and Promila

    I really enjoyed reading the first portion of Sita and Promila. One of my favorite sections was the first one. In this section, Sita is introduced. Her introduction is an interesting one. One day a King- farmer was walking around when he happened to fall upon an infant -- a girl. This overjoyed the King for he was childless and needed a child as an heir. Just a year after Sita is born, the Kings wife began conceiving. She gave birth to another three daughters but Sita was by far the prettiest. Many suitors asked for Sita's hand in marriage.

    Another section that I enjoyed was section five. I really liked this section because I really enjoy romantic love stories. In this section Rama and Sita are getting married. Just from reading this section I could tell that Sita and Rama were very much in love with each other. In section six it goes on discussing how Sita and Rama were perfect for each other. Sita is the “Moon-Princess” and Rama is the “Sun-Prince.” Despite their perfect love, their journey was not always easy. There were times Rama had to leave Sita. Sita was left not knowing if Rama was safe or dead. This put a lot of stress on Sita.
   The only picture that was include in this portion of reading was a picture depicting Rama crowning Sita. This picture really illustrates the love Rama has for Sita. I know of wished there were more pictures. I felt like the reading did not describe the setting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment