Sunday, September 13, 2015

Styles

I would like to focus on the topic of Gods and Goddesses of the Indian culture. I found two stories that I am considering. The first one is called "A Mountain on a Finger." What drew me to this story was the title. It reminded me of the God Atlas from the Greek and Roman Mythology. Instead the mountain is the world.  The Second one is called "Ganesh."

Bibliography
"A Mountain on a Finger". Website: Indian Mythological Stories.

"Ganesh". Website: Indian Mythological Stories.

Lord Ganesha
(Ganesh)

Brainstorming Styles
    I know that I want to use the third-person storyteller and first-person style. Some possible styles I am considering are an Insider or paparazzi style, a diary entry style, a therapist/patient style, and a script style.
     Last semester in the Mythology Folklore course, I did an insider/ paparazzi style and really enjoyed it doing it. I enjoyed it so much I am considering doing it again for this particular course -- Epics of India. Since my topic is Gods and Goddess I thought it would be fun to characterize the Gods and Goddesses as celebrities and the humans as the "regular people." The Insider would be a magazine that exposes the Gods and Goddesses to the mortals. This would be in the third-person storybook style.
    The second style I am thinking about is a diary entry style. This would be in the first person of the Gods and Goddesses. By doing it in a diary entry format allows the reader to know what is going through the God or Goddess's head. What is he/she thinking about. I thought that this would entertaining and interesting for the reader. Normally, we just read about Gods and Goddesses. We don't know who they truly are or what emotions are going through them.
    I thought that doing the storybook in a therapist/patient kind of style would be interesting. In this kind of format there would two characters: the therapist and the patient, who will either be a God or Goddess. The therapist will ask the questions and the God or Goddess will answer in a kind of anecdote style.
    The final style that I am considering is a script style. In this kind of format the storybook will solely be dialogue -- like a movie or television show script. I just thought this would be entertaining and fun for the reader. I believe that his kind of style will make the reader feel like he is actually present during the story. I believe this will help maintain the readers interest and focus.
     

    




 

No comments:

Post a Comment