Sunday, September 6, 2015

Topics



     Some possible topics that I am interested in are Gods/ Goddesses, romantic stories, war, and adventure. I am interested in the topics of Gods/ Goddesses because I am curious as to how these Gods compare to other Gods from different cultures. I took Latin in high school and in this class we learned about mythology. And if you know anything about Latin mythology there are a lot of Gods. I am curious to how Indian Gods compare to the Roman/ Greek Gods. The research I did for this topic consisted of googling it, looking into it on Wikipedia, and other websites.
   I have always like romantic stories. I am kind of a romantic. What I am most interested about this topic is learning about the Indian culture through it. I believe that having “romance” as a topic, it will not only be entertaining and enjoyable but it will also give me a glimpse into the Indian culture and how this particular culture deals with love. I do not know much about this topic other than what I have recently researched but I look forward to learning more about it and writing about it. The extent of research consist of Wikipedia and past storybooks.
     The third topic that I am interested in is war. I have always been fascinated with war. Some of my favorite movies and books are actually about war. I do not much about war within the Indian culture so I hope that by choosing this as a topic it will help me learn about it. I wish to learn about how the Indian culture fought, the way dealt with conflict, and what countries or people they were at war with. During my research I found some stuff about from Wikipedia but not much. Hopefully, I will find more stuff as I progress through this course.
    The final topic that I am considering is adventure. I would say that I can be pretty adventurous sometimes or try to be. This is why I included adventure as one of my topics. The research I did for this topic was looking at past storybooks. I actually found several storybooks dealing with adventure. For instance, there was this one storybook that had a travel journal theme. I thought that this was clever. You can do a lot with this theme. Another story book that caught my eye was the one about Himalayas.


Image result for indian gods and goddess
(Hindu God and Goddess)
   


No comments:

Post a Comment