Saturday, August 29, 2015

Growth Mindset




    I have never heard of Carol Dweck and/or the growth mindset before until now so I did not know what to really expect. While watching the videos and reading the articles, I noticed that Carol Dweck brought up some interesting topics. For instance, she brought up "wise rewarding." She discussed how many children today will not do much unless they are prompted by a reward. I thought this was interesting because I never really thought about rewarding too much or too little.
    Another topic that Carol Dweck brought up that I thought was interesting was "How should we learn?" She mentioned how learning these days are a chore when really they should be more natural and fun. I agree with this. I think if learning was more perceived not as disciplined and a chore, students would be more ambitious about learning and even learn better.
    I included this meme below because I really agree with. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life and even though they were errors they did not go out without purpose. They showed to newer opportunities that I did not see before. 

(Growth Mindset Meme)

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before either. She is a very encouraging and inspirational speaker. I also thought that her view on learning was interesting and very true. Sometimes I view learning as a chore when it is actually supposed to be fun and natural. I also liked your meme and can definitely agree with to it.

    ReplyDelete