Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

    A storybook that grabbed my attention was the Law & Order: SSU. This attracted me because of its use of the TV show Law & Order to set its storybook. I used to watch Law & Order. I like how it used something that I know, Law & Order, to introduce me to something new -- something I don't know, which is Indian stories. The introduction did a good job of explaining the topic. It gave me a glimpse of what I am getting into. Overall, the gray and black layout fit well with what it was going for which is a crime show.

(Law & Order: SSU)

    Another storybook that interested me was the Real Housewives of Ramayana. I really liked the layout of this storybook. I liked how the titles of the pages were similar to titles of episodes. It aided in the reality tv theme it was going for. The introduction was well written. I especially liked how it was in the perspective of the tv host. Overall the layout of the storybook was really good. The navigation was easy. I could find everything. The storybook wasn't too busy. It was simple and clear, which made finding things easy.
     The third storybook that grabbed me was The Diary of Karma. The introduction was well written. It really informed me of what the storybook was going to be about. Another aspect that drew me to this was the fact that it was going to be written in a diary format. I read a couple of the "diary entries" and really enjoyed them. One of the "diary entries" that I read was "Sugriva's Diary." I liked how it was broken down into days. This contributed to the diary theme. I also liked the background that was used in this storybook. It looks like old off white paper you would find in a diary. This also contributed to the diary theme it is going for. Overall, everything about this storybook fits well with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment