Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ireland, Virgin Islands, Hawaii... My Favorite Places

These are just a few of my favorite places!

(Personal photo of myself at the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland)


IRELAND. During my Junior year of college, I studied abroad in Ireland for a summer. Ireland was my dream place for as long as I can remember. One day, I saw a flyer on campus advertising for it -- the OU June in Ireland program -- and decided to just go for it. I mean it was about time I made my dream come true.

I had the time of my life while I was there. I ate, shopped, made new friends, hiked, and traveled. I pretty much had a great time as you can tell. It was more beautiful than I ever expected. One of my favorite experiences was visiting the Cliffs of Moher (a.k.a the Cliffs of Insanity from the Princess Bride film). The picture above is actually a picture of me at the Cliffs of Moher. The picture really does not do the cliffs justice. It is by far more majestic.




(Personal photo of myself in the Virgin islands)
VIRGIN ISLANDS. This past summer, I vacationed with my family at the Virgin Islands. It was my first time there and I can tell you now that it will not be my last time.

The Virgin Islands' clear crystal ocean water was not the only thing that I fell in love with but also the people. The people there were so welcoming and genuine. I've never met so many people that went out of their way just to make sure that their visitors (my family and I) had a great experience on their island.
(Personal photo of myself horseback riding in the Virgin Islands)


One of my favorite experiences in the Virgin Islands was when I went horseback riding. It was my first time horseback riding so it was quite memorable. We followed a trail through a farm and then made our way onto the beach. We actually went pretty deep into the ocean. The water went up to my waist and so I got to experience the horse not just walk into the water but swim in the water! The picture above depicts my horse and I about to go into the ocean for a swim.

(Personal photo of myself in Maui, Hawaii)


HAWAII. Hawaii is a place that my family and I enjoy. We have been to Hawaii 3 times now and we plan on continuing vacationing there. We have been to Honolulu once and Maui twice. Our favorite Hawaii island as of now is Maui, Hawaii.

I love Hawaii because of the diverse activities that you can do there. There never is a dull moment in Hawaii. You can go surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sightseeing, swim with the dolphins, and and even go whale watching. I've actually done all of these activities except the whale watching. There's not much whale watching during the summer, which is when my family and I usually go to Hawaii. It is more popular during October.

I hope you get to travel to one of these places and enjoy it as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember that great picture from Ireland, Sarah — and what lovely pictures from this summer! It's so nice to see you back again, and I'm excited to find out what you will think about this class and which direction you will want to go with it.
    BTW one of the really cool Indian Epics projects last semester was about horses!!!
    Horses Divine

    ReplyDelete