Monday, August 31, 2015

Readin Diary A: Public Domain Ramayana

I read the Ramayana: Public Domain Edition. I really enjoyed reading the first portion of this story. The story started off with introducing King Dasharatha. He was as introduced as a very wealthy man but who was sad. He was sad because he could not have sons. Eventually though by conducting a ceremony, he is given three sons. The story goes on with the three sons marrying but then things turn for the worst. Rama the son of King Dasharatha is banished and goes into exile. His faithful wife and brother insist on joining him. He had no choice but to allow them. The story ends with an even sadder note. King Dasharatha passes away. Everybody was sadden by the death of King Dasharatha.
   The plot of the story was not the only thing that I enjoyed. I also enjoyed the way the story it was written. It was very detailed. For instance in the King Dasharatha chapter when the speaker was describing King Dasharatha's home. The speaker used key terms that helped me picture King Dasharatha's home. I imagined it to be very extravagant and majestic. I liked how the author described the setting to be very rich and extravagant. I kind of thought the purpose of it was to emphasize the idea that the King was wealthy on the outside but not on the inside. He was not emotionally fulfilled. This was because he did not have any sons.
    I also like the picture that was included in the first chapter. It is a very beautiful picture. It makes me want to visit the place.

(Ayodhya)

No comments:

Post a Comment